All Saints Church
Yew Tree Pub Ednaston
Post Office & Shop
Brailsford Parish Council provides YOUR local services. We strive to make Brailsford a better place to live, work and visit. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Find local groups and businesses in our community directory. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find what you want or would like to recommend any improvements to our website then please contact us.
Posted: Wed, 05 May 2021 20:24 by Laura Storey
We currently have a PARISH COUNCILLOR VACANCY that we are looking to fill by co-option. We invite anyone who is interested in being considered to notify the clerk via e-mail or post. In particular we would like to hear of any specific skills or interests that you believe would benefit our group. If you would like an informal discussion with any member of the Parish Council please do not hesitate to contact me. More »
The position is unpaid and includes approximately 11 meetings a year, depending on the level of involvement. You would be required to demonstrate all the standards of behaviour that are reasonable to expect of someone in public service.
What we can offer is the chance to work with a varied group of people in a non-political atmosphere, the opportunity to practise your skills outside your normal home or business context, an insight into the workings of local government, and above all the potential to make life in Brailsford & Ednaston better in some way.
A Parish Councillor must be:
- a British citizen, or a citizen of the Commonwealth or the European Union, and
- 18 years or older on the day you become nominated for election
- for the whole of the 12 months prior to nomination he/she must:
- have been an elector of the parish and either occupied or owned/rented premises in the parish, or
- resided within 3 miles of the boundary of the parish, or
- had his/her principal or only place of work in that area
You cannot stand for election if you:
- are the subject of a bankruptcy restriction order or interim order
- have, within five years before the day of the election, been convicted in the United Kingdom of any offence and have had a prison sentence (whether suspended or not) for a period of over three months without the option of a fine
We look forward to hearing from you.
THE PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk to Brailsford Parish Council » Less
Posted: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 14:01 by Laura Storey
Neighbourhood Plan Referendum
Posted: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 13:40 by Laura Storey
Link to latest routes here